Phlebodium Areum - Blue Star Fern - 6" Pot
Blue star fern (Phlebodium areum) is a bushy fern that stays relatively compact. The minty green fronds have a matte, leather-like texture and are slightly wavy. The uniquely shaped leaves and ribbon-like. Indoors they grow to be about 1 foot tall and 1 foot wide. They rarely shed which makes them perfect for tabletop plants.
- Blue star ferns are found growing in trees in very humid tropical environments surrounded by rich organic material and shaded by dense canopies. The soil should be well draining and contain plenty of organic material for water retention.
- Ensure that you water regularly, keep the soil moist but not wet. During the growing season include a diluted liquid fertilizer in your watering schedule.
- When looking for the ideal spot in your home make sure any light is filtered and not direct. Direct sunlight can cause scorching and yellowing leaves. They can handle low-light conditions but thrive and do best in brighter areas.
- Humidity loving ferns are ideal for bathrooms and kitchens. Try to avoid heating and cooling vents they can dry out ferns resulting in dry, crispy leaf tips.
- Blue Star Fern are not toxic for cats, dogs, or humans
- Grown in a 6” pot, but ships bare root.
- Heat packs are available for purchase.
- The plant in the picture is not the exact plant you will receive.
- Each plant is lovingly packaged for shipment.