Calathea Roseopicta "Medallion" - Prayer Plant - 6" Pot
Calathea ‘Medallion’ (Calathea roseopicta ‘Medallion’) is a member of the Marantaceae family also known as the prayer plant family. The leaves have the characteristic movement pattern the prayer plant family is known for. The rippled, oval leaves have a feather-like pattern in shades of green. The undersides of the leaves have a beautiful burgundy color. As the plant matures the leaves can become larger and the overall height may reach up to 3 feet. This Calathea ‘Medallion’ is also available in a 4 inch pot.
- As with other Calathea, the Calathea Medallion comes from a tropical environment and is typically found at the base of trees.
- The light should be low to medium. Direct sunlight can cause scorching of the leaves and bright light can cause the leaves to be smaller or reduce the coloring.
- The moisture level should remain even. Letting the soil dry out can cause the leaves to dry out. Allowing the soil to be wet instead of moist causes root rot.
- The Calathea Medallion enjoys temperatures between 65°F and 85°F. Keep away from drafty areas or heating and cooling vents which can be drying for this humidity loving plant.
- These and other Calathea are non-toxic and make great companions for dogs, cats, and humans.
- Grown in a 6” pot but ships semi-bare root.
- Heat packs are available for purchase.
- The plant pictured is not the exact plant you will receive.
- Each plant is lovingly packaged to be sent to you.