Philodendron Birkin - 6" Pot
Philodendron Birkin is a rare plant sought after for its highly variegated foliage. The Philodendron Birkin is part of the Araceae family, also known as aroids. Many members of the aroid family can handle low-light conditions, however, Philodendron Birkin will lose its variegation if not given enough bright light. The rich green leaves have a white or off-white striping running from the center vein to the edges of the leaves which are rimmed in the same color. The Philodendron Birkin is slow growing and has an upright compact growth habit that can be trellised. This Philodendron is easy to care for, making it a great option for anyone looking to start a rare plant collection.
- Philodendron Birkin are a tropical houseplant so they enjoy humidity and warmth. They prefer a well-draining potting mix that will retain moisture.
- When watering allow the top inch to dry out. Don’t allow it to dry out completely, this will result in dry leaves with drown tips.
- They prefer bright indirect light but they may be tolerant to some direct morning light. Philodendron Birkin, like many others highly variegated, will lose its interesting stripes if not given enough light. On the other hand, too much direct light can result in scorching of the leaves.
- Keep these rare beauties in a warm and humid location. Bathrooms and kitchens are excellent locations, but they are forgiving enough to survive in lower humidity environments.
- Philodendron Birkin is toxic. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Grown in a 6” pot but ships bare-root.
- Heat packs are available for purchase.
- The plant in the picture is not the exact plant you will receive.
- Each plant is lovingly packaged for shipment.